We have many different opportunities to connect with other adults. Explore these opportunities to find where you fit in!
We have 2 different opportunities to study the Word of God.
The Jesus Life, is an intentional Bible Study that focuses on taking Jesus' teachings and applying them to daily life. Join any of the 3 groups that meet:
- Sunday's at 10:45 AM in room 133 (map)
- Tuesday's at 9:30 AM in room 129 (map)
- Wednesday's at 6:00 PM in room 133 (map)
Or you can join the International Bible Study class. Although this class has a 6-year study cycle, feel free to jump in at any time! You'll learn more about the content and context of the Bible and how to use it daily. It meets on Sunday's at 10:45 AM in room 129 (map).
There are three opportunities to connect with others in a social, small group setting. Laugh, eat, and enjoy each other's company in LINKS, GPS, or Jolly Gators.
LINKS, which stands for Learning Inviting Nurturing Koinonia Service, where lifelong friendships are made while learning, supporting each other, and being in service.
GPS, or Gater Plate Scramble, is an opportunity every fall to be put into a different dinner group. Choose a group that tries new restaurants or a group that eats in each other's homes. Either way: you'll enjoy good food and great company.
Jolly Gaters is a small group for senior adults that meets monthly.
United Methodist Women is a group of women whose mission is fostering spiritual growth, developing leaders, and advocating for justice. We are turning faith, hope, and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth around the world. You can join us at any time for one of our circles that meet:
- Martha Circle meets for dinner on the 1st Monday in the Lounge September-May, then meets at a restaurant in June, July, and August. We have a very special mission, The Mustard Seed, that we love to shop and provide gifts for. Email Marty for more information.
- Mary Circle meets for lunch on the 2nd Tuesday in the Lounge March-November. Bring a sandwich but dessert and beverages are provided. We make surgical dolls for the pediatric departments of our local hospitals. Email Ruth Ann for more information.
- Rachel Circle meets on the 4th Wednesday at different locations depending on our programming. We support mission work by sewing projects for various Fort Wayne charitable organizations. Email Gloria for more information.
- Ruth Circle meets on the 1st Sunday in the Parlor after worship. We focus on supporting the UMW events, Aldersgate, our community and each other. Email Jill for more information.
Ever needed someone to just come along side you in a time of need? This is what a Stephen Minister does. Here at Aldersgate Community, we equip and empower lay (or non-clergy) caregivers to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting. A Stephen Minister is trained to listen, care for and be with you once a week during a difficult time (experiencing grief, divorce, job loss, chronic or terminal illness, or any other life crisis).