We want to make sure you're in the know of activities for this next week and check out what happened last week! Check back every Thursday for updates!
- The next Church Council meeting is this Sunday, we will be voting on how to handle our Conference Apportionments (tithe). We approved remitting the past due amount to the District and remaining current with it. The amount due to the Indiana Annual Conference has been set aside but not remitted. While we have varied opinions on the actions of the special session of the General Conference last February, we need to make a decision about our Conference giving. All members of Aldersgate UMC present at the November 17 meeting will be given the opportunity to submit a vote. A simple majority will determine the course of action. No absentee or proxy ballots will be accepted. Ballots will be counted and the results shared before the conclusion of the meeting.
- This Sunday, Tammy L. will direct the Wesley Choir in our Worship. Marlane, along with Nancy A., Cindy N. and Becky B. will be singing in a concert at Carnegie Hall in NYC Sunday evening. The director for the concert is Joseph Martin, One of our favorite choral composers. Ed B. and Keith N. will also be joining the group in their travels and will attend the spectacular concert.
- There's an opportunity to volunteer for Me-N-U! Lead Cook or Co-Cooks: Being the lead cook means planning the menu, doing the grocery shopping for that menu and preparing the meal. Of course, the church pays for all groceries and supplies. There is already a team in place to support you, we just need a leader. Click here to email Lisa to volunteer!
- See what's for dinner at Me-'N-U here.
- Click here to see this week's bulletin.
- We extend our appreciation to J R Dahman, our guest soloist this past Sunday for sharing such a beautiful arrangement of "Be Thou My Vision". Thank you also to our Phyllis and to Joe DeCamp for the lovely pano and cello accompaniment.
- We had an amazing Veteran's Luncheon last Saturday! Enjoy some of the pictures below!